The automobile sector
No other sector in the industrial world relies more heavily on international marketing than the automobile and heavy machinery industry. Manufacturers, suppliers and advertizing agencies consider translation as an indispensable finishing tool at the end of the production cycle.
Delays in the production schedule and author changes at the last minute are commonplace, directly altering the workflow at the center of the translation process. Nevertheless, owner manuals, documentation, brochures and other marketing documents for export must always be ready within the deadlines specified.
Our range of services includes:
- Personalized processes adapted to the demands and the specific challenges with which our clients are confronted.
- Translators specialized in the field, who are able to lay claim to many years’ experience. They translate exclusively into their mother tongue and constantly keep their knowledge of the sector up to date. All of these factors combine to guarantee a high level of quality.
- Specific competence within the field in the areas of company and marketing documentation, ranging from the documents which accompany the vehicle to workshop manuals and automotive diagnostics manuals, including training manuals and marketing texts whose content is highly specialized.
- Effectiveness in terms of savings and speed of time-to-market as far as the treatment of your original documents, in any format, is concerned.
- We produce translations ready for print, conforming to the demands of our clients in terms of market implementation deadlines.
- We use the most modern and up-to-date computer-aided translation tools in parallel with state-of-the-art terminology management tools.
- Our revision and quality control meets SAE standard J2450* and the evaluation criteria of the LISA QA Model.
- Our in-house project managers are reliable and conscientious. They systematically meet the demands of our clients in relation to communication and international marketing and, in particular, see to it that agreed budget limits and timeframes are respected.
*SAE International, formerly Society of Automotive Engineers
In the consumer electronic goods industry, high levels of competition and demand in emerging markets mean that manufacturers have to constantly innovate on the one hand, while on the other they must outsource production in order to remain competitive. Some markets, such as China and India, offer opportunities in terms of reducing manufacturing costs, as well as in terms of providing access to new trading areas.
To sell their products across the globe, electronics companies must ensure that their products comply with local standards and infrastructures. User interfaces and integrated software need to be localized, while documentation and support need to be adapted to the local language and culture. In addition, costs must be kept under control and ever shorter time-to-market deadlines must be met.
In order to respond to the growing demands of its clients in this sector, Telelingua offers translation and localization services for printed documentation, online support files, user graphics interfaces, web documentation and so on.
We have been working for over 20 years with major players in the world of graphic arts, such as Canon and Kodak. On a daily basis we translate the following items for them and for many other key players in this market:
- LCD screen messages for printers and copiers, in a range of standard or proprietary formats.
- The interface for color management software or printing workflow software and related online support.
- Press articles for any prepress activities.
- Urgent InDesign brochures for InterGraphic or Drupa exhibitions.
- PowerPoint presentations and training aids for presenting the latest offset range.
- FrameMaker manuals for new CTP systems or print control software.
We keep abreast of developments in this sector by regularly visiting the exhibitions (Drupa, InterGraphic, etc.) at which our clients present their products.
Key factors behind our success
- Dedicated teams: project managers, back-up PMs, translators and editors.
- Implementation of individually tailored procedures in accordance with sector standards.
- Ongoing program to recruit and evaluate specialist translators.
- Efficient internal ERP system which provides access to the relevant information at any time, enabling a quick reaction.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Efficient file management (workflow + accessibility).
- Meticulousprocess management.
- Individually tailored style guides and terminology management (Quality Control).
- Management of feedback and revisions (Quality assurance).
- Permanent Monitoring andEvaluation (M&E) process (meetings, conference calls, etc.).
- Secure IT infrastructure.
On an ever increasing basis, we are presented with material for translation in a variety of native file formats. From design applications such as FrameMaker, QuarkXPress and InDesign, or text extractions from a CMS or LMS (Learning Management System) into XML or XLIFF, to software content resident in .NET assemblies, Java properties files and various other resource files; our expertise covers a wide range of content. To guarantee that each language version fully corresponds to the original formats, whether they are to be supplied ready for use or to be imported and reintegrated into your CMS, our desktop publishing specialists along with our localization engineers and IT technicians provide a high level of quality and customer service to save you time.