ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT
We serve established global energy companies and industries, government authorities, R&D laboratories, the environmental community and others, and help emerging companies create content strategies to ensure a clear, efficient path to translation, software localization, content management and website development.
Download our brochure Focus on Energy Translations
The growing internationalization of energy production and activities increasingly calls for scrupulous and strict multilingual management. Technical documents must be accurate, maintaining the unique terminology of the industry, while presented in a voice appropriate for the target market. For example, energy companies entering foreign markets must comply not only with the translation of domestic regulatory and compliance documents, but must also improve their market penetration by translating consumer and marketing related materials.
Translating energy documents simultaneously into multiple languages is one of the typical demands we meet for our clients. In this field, we combine meticulous use of terminology with tight deadlines, legal constraints and technological advances, in a growing number of languages.
Advantages of BIGS® for your company
- Increased efficiency and quality
- Centralization of your financial terminology
- Pre-translation of glossary terms
- Terminology embedded in the master document
- Easy access 24/7
- Import/export functions
- Powerful search engine
Guardian of your specific terminology
How can you be sure that the specific terms, abbreviations and nomenclature used by your firm or department are correctly and consistently translated into different languages, across a large number of documents? Apart from the translator’s expertise, the answer is BIGS® (Built-In Glossary System), our in-house “controlled language” tool that we use as part of our standard procedure. BIGS pre-processes your documents using your customer-specific glossary so that the translator will see all glossary terms flagged, signifying that there is a corresponding, approved translation in our database. As a client, you can access and edit this information via our portal using a secure login and password.
Spanish (Latin America, Spain, American), Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), German, Russian, Norwegian, Chinese, Arabic, Czech, Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands), French (Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Swedish, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian (Cyrillic, Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish, Ukrainian...
Translations that bring power to your business:
- Translation by translators with degrees in civil and mechanical engineering, law, marketing, accounting, business administration or finance and/or careers in a corporate environment (safety, regulatory and compliance departments, project management, etc.)
- Editing and review by specialist translators
- Compliance with deadlines
- Use of client-specific terminology databases and standardized language
- Professional translation ethics
- Precision and attention to detail
- Dedicated project managers
- Data protection in a secure IT environment
Areas and content
Research & Development
- Documentation in the field of ZEPs, CCS, sustainable bioenergy (Bio-CCS or BECCS)
- Papers addressing energy related socio-economic research (transport, environment, agriculture, population)
Government or regulatory authorities
- Regulatory and compliance documents, e.g. on spill prevention, drilling safety and environmental stewardship
- Environmental law
- Ethical documents
Manufacturing & industry
- Exploration and production documents, such as technical, maintenance, quality, user and operating manuals; Performance Plans; System Engineering Plans; Plan Processes; SOPs; capture, utilization and storage technology manuals; operational risk identification and risk management documents; BOP testing, maintenance and training documents; training and health & safety manuals; reports from the CCO;
- Import/export documents, such as transportation or shipment documents, export compliance documents, certificates of origin, certificates for shipments of specific goods
- Legal documents, such as contracts, agreements, settlements, patents, reports to federal and state agencies • Financial documents, such as annual, semi-annual and quarterly reports (including general corporate information, accounting policies, balance sheets, cash flow statements, income statements, profit and loss accounts, notes to financial statements, chairpersons’ statements, directors’ and board reports, operating and financial reviews, auditors’ reports), SEC filings, non-GAAP financial documents
- Software and testing
- Web content and localization
- Global marketing and trading material, such as press releases, newsletters, advertisements, posters, brochures, correspondence...
- Video subtitling and voice-over